Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Char-Griller Kamado Kooker (Akorn) Grill/Smoker Review Part 1

Check out our new forum at www.kamadoguru.com if you get a chance! This is my walk-through review of the assembly and features of the Char-Griller (Akorn) Kamado Kooker grill and smoker. One minor item I forgot to mention in the video is that the main cast iron grilling grate has a diameter of 19 3 I had been shopping for a Big Green Egg (large) when this product popped up in the marketplace. At a price point of $299 I had to give it a try before spending $1000 on the Big Green Egg setup that I was looking at. This video shows the cooker itself along with its features and design. Part two of this video will include information from the seasoning burn and initial seasoning of the main cast iron grate. The functionality of this cooker should show nicely in that video when I get it made this afternoon. Stop by and check out my Man Cave Meals blog if you get a chance at bbq.setzler.net on the web!

No comments:

Post a Comment